Friday 8 June 2012

SWOTVAC = FUN

Ok, ok. I know I said I wouldn't have much to say this week because it was SWOTVAC. You know, no time for activities, just time for study. But turns out I love SWOTVAC! There was no classes to go to and I only have two exams coming up next week. :) I have had plenty of SWOTVAC adventurinos.


To start with, every day during this week Leo's boys go out to play touch at about 4o'clock, and anyone who drops the ball during that session has to do a nudie run past our college while their third years attack them. So everyday, at about 5pm, the whole of Duch heads to a window and takes in the sight of 30 to 40 Leo's boys doing their run. It's a nice bonding experience for us girls, and also a great study break. Ha.


ALSO, on Wednesday was my closest college friend's 18th. So we sent out the invite for all the first years to join us in hitting up the classy RE. Being SWOTVAC however, there was an...underwhelming response to say the least. So Wednesday night came, and all of us (by that I mean, the two of us) went for our first visit to the Royal Exchange! Luckily she had some friends from home that came to show us the ropes, otherwise we wouldn't have known what we were doing! I mean, the first thing we did when we got there was go to the toilet and wonder what to do next! Pretty sad haha. But it ended up being a very fun night and we were glad we ditched the study for it. :)


This brings us to Thursday. You see, Duchesne thought we were being sneaky when we planned an attack on the Leo's boys after their touch session. We had buckets of water, juice, beans, water balloons and so much more! We were perched and ready for the 5pm ambush when we realised there didn't seem to be any boys on their way back...
It was when we saw a rather suspicious group of boys jog past the college that we knew, that they knew. Aww no. They sent in some boys in the beginning to get us to use up all our water balloons and then we were screwed. Their boys came out in full force after we'd gone through our ammo and boy was it one messy occasion. They showed us no mercy and we were obliterated haha. But it was the best fun! However, our heads of colleges sure were not pleased. :(


Last night surpasses all others! As I was avoiding study during the day and finding new Lisa Mitchell songs, I realised she was playing in Brisbane that very night! The venue was St John's cathedral in the city, but all her tickets were sold out. :( Me being a little desperate to watch her, asked a friend if he would accompany me to sit outside to see if I could hear just a smidgen of her talent. They agreed, weow! So off we set, to sit outside the venue, in the cold, in hope that I could maybe hear something. When we arrived I felt SO eyed off by the security man. I think it was because you could actually hear really well outside and that the doors were open, so every now and then I went to have a little peak inside. I did eventually get intimidated and my friend thought it was about time we left when the seccy started approaching us. "Aw no," I thought, "we're gonna cop it now." 
"You guys wanna come in?" :0 I was so so soooo happy! He was the nicest guy ever and gave us two tickets (worth $55 each) for free!!!! We sat right at the back, but the lighting and sound in the cathedral was pretty amazing so we didn't suffer any loss by bad seats. I mean, anything is better that sitting outside. 






That's about all I have time to write for today! I'd better actually do some solid study for my exams.


Bye bye!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment