Tuesday 15 May 2012

Wazzzzzup

Here I am again. Weow. This will simply be a top up yet again of what has happened in my week and what I have watched and read in the news! I'm feeling pretty darn sleepy actually so watch out for some sway to sway of topics y'all.

Since last speaking to you, I have seen a friend from home that I haven't caught up with in ages! It really was just the best sitting down and chatting for hours on end about gossip from not only here in Brisbane but back home as well. I may now mention that the friend was a boy, and yes, he indeed did have his fair share of gossip to offload. Boys are just like gals, they just don't show it as often!

This paragraph I have debated about whether I should include it or not. It's just so shameful! There was a sick party on Thursday night. For over 18s. As I have not found myself a fake I.D myself and a friend were left here at college with very few others around us. We began talking and soon discovered we both shared a dark childhood secret. Our love and passion for the internet world of Neopets. There's games, lands to explore, shops, even a stock market! Everything you could ever ever ask for!!! And in looking at the massive array of games, it was so creepy how the games we remembered playing the most reflected what we're studying at Uni. My friend for example is studying Pharmacy and luuuurved playing the games with mixing stuff and all science orientated games. I, on the other hand, was all up in the Stock Market and money/numbers games. This finance interest has crazily followed me through to my Commerce degree here at UQ!

I went late night shopping at Queen Street on Friday night and boy was that a big one for fresher spread. I ate dinner before I left, right...yet still downed half a pizza from Vapiano and a German sausage from the stalls that were set up. I am still hanging my head in shame for that one. On the other hand though, I should have earned some good karma! I bought my mumma's mother's day present, my friend's 18th birthday present and my boyf's 19th birthday present. And I can proudly say, nothing for myself. Except for the extensive filling of my gut region. Wow, that was a terrible way to word it. Haha.

My printer broke. :(
BUT my brother took me to Officeworks on Saturday morning and no questions asked they just gave me a new one! It was siiiiick. And they had a delicious sausage sizzle on. AND I got to spend the whole morning with my brother who would have to be one of my bestest friends! It's crazy because he is 25 years old but as soon as we get together we're just turn instantly stupid and immature. That sounds so corny, but it's so true! Another positive to my printer breaking is that my brother revealed the goodness of this video to me:

Hopefully, you will find it as appealing as I did. :)

I haven't done much else up until today. I had 7 hours and 20 minutes of uni today! So, so tired. But I do have the capacity to talk about one more thing. My news story of ze week. 

I personally am happy with the decision the courts made. Bringing in what I've learnt from journalism this semester so far, what News of the World did under Rebekah Brooks' guidance was so crazy unethical! Tapping people's phones and concealing evidence is not the journalistic practice we have been taught at all. It just shows the extremes that news companies are now going to in order to get ahead on news topics. And that is so sad.

Also, just to be a little clever clogs. I think the news values that the ABC considered when deciding this was worthwhile news was stuff like: follow-up, magnitude, perhaps even the 'elite'. All I can say is that I think it is a very newsworthy topic, but is this only due to the agenda setting theory...? I mean, this issue has been broadcasted over and over and over again. Is that why it seems like such an important issue to me? That is certainly some food for thought. I'm heading off for the night. 

Bye bye
x.

No comments:

Post a Comment