Tuesday 22 May 2012

Almost 18 :)

Hey hey hey!


I believe the last time I updated you on my day to day life was last Tuesday. :) So here we go again!


On Wednesday night I went and watched King's vs Leo's in a fresher rugby game. And in case you're unaware, those two colleges have some INTENSE rivalry. It's because they're the only two all boys colleges on campus and traditionally Nudgee boys go to Leo's and Churchy boys hit up King's. Of course I go for Leo's, Duchesne's brother college. BUT they were annihilated by Kings's...didn't even get a score on the board. Poooor Leo's. Oh, and they lost AFL on Friday night as well. Good work boiz.


On Thursday night, I missed out on another College exchange. I watched people get ready for it and then hung out with a pal from another college while our (slightly older) peers were out having some good times. 


Saturday, YAY! I went to the Gold Coast with one of my best mates to visit our friend from back home. For some reason he decided the Gold Coast was where he wanted to go to uni and our 'crew' has been broken up since then. Not to worry though as the three of us were reunited once again as we hit up Dreamworld for some crazy fun times. I think we went on every single ride (the Claw twice), saw the tigers, avoided overpriced food and overall it just felt like we'd never been apart. :)







The other college kid and I headed back home to Brisbane that night, and after a cute lil catch up with my boyf I had to have a bit of a sleep before starting on another hectic day on Sunday. 


I met my brother and his girlfriend for breakfast at the Regatta. SO YUM. Watched a delightful little guitar concert at Customs House, which also happens to be the location my brother is thinking of for his wedding reception. Ooh la la, I know. 
Queen Street Mall was our next port of call. ;)
A couple of hours there and I was sooo ready to head home for a sleep but then in comes a text message oooof: "Guess who's in hospital?"
Yay, good one boyfie. He got his head split open while he was playing hockey. Person in the other team swung their stick, decided they didn't want to hold on anymore and bam. Stick to la face. (As a note: my boyfriend isn't even in the hockey team, but he decided to play?) haha. 


So instead of sleeping, I went and saw that he was alright, he got let out of hospital and now has seven lovely stitches right across his forehead. 


Mum and Dad came down yesterday! Dad had to work so they got put up in the very nifty Stamford Plaza, so I went along for the night and stayed for the delicious buffet breakfast. We payed for my extra though, don't worry. We are not scammers! Haha. And that pretty much updates you to today. :)


OKIE DOKIE. My news story for you. Darned Facebook was so cocky with their IPO and now it's not looking to flash. Classic Commerce student update, huh. Haha. I actually read this while on the CityCat back to UQ this morning, but got the full story, here, from the ABC. I think Facebook could have been extremely successful in the stock market, and I guess there's still hope that things will improve.The shares started decreasing in value because of the simple fact - there was just too many shares. I think the ABC decided to include this story on the front of their online news page because it holds the news values of unexpectedness and continuity. People are actually interested in this topic because Facebook was supposed to be such a Wall Street hit. 


Anyway. I think I'm gonna head off and grab my lunch. :)
x. 


PS I'm 18 next Tuesday. Yew!

No comments:

Post a Comment