Tuesday 1 May 2012

I got 15 minutes til dinner!

Ok, so you may not know this but college serves dinner at 5:15. I need to be there at 5 in order to secure a spot somehwhere near the front. I know, right? How hectic is that! No wonder Duchesne has been touted the fat college. :(

So what I've been up to this past week iiiis. I managed to secure myself and 3 friends Ed Sheeran tickets! YEEEEW. No one else at college got them in presale or general public so I am actually feeling a little bad they missed out...But July 31st is going to be the best night ever!
Aw, look at him. :)

We also had a formal dinner on Thursday night, so all the girls were fully academically robed up! The food was...you know that kind of food that tries to be so fancy that it is just ridiculous? Well, yeah that's what the dinner was. But then I went to the city after and chowed into some pancakes at Pancake Manor to fill my belly that was left so undernourished by the formal occasion previous. This was followed by a hectic water balloon fight at South Bank before we (me and a pal) realised that it was actually really late. And all the buses had finished. And all the ferries had finished. And so we had to get a taxi home.

And last night, oh last night. We versed our rival college in netball so you should've seen us all decked out in our crazy blues. The atmosphere was tense and competition was sky high. It was honestly neck and neck the entire time, until our girls lost by a measly two points! Two points and the whole competition was lost haha. And even though our girls played awesome, I'm pretty sure there were a fair few consolation McDonalds trips.

News:
On a completely different and devastating note, it was heartbreaking to hear that the body of Allison Baden-Clay was found in creek. To think that this mother of young girls will not be around to watch them grow up and that the girls won't have the guidance a mother usually provides is a terribly sad reality.

In regards to the way different news companies have broken the story, I see that news.com.au has embraced some technology and that technology in general is finding its way into more and more news tales. Have a look here.



I'm off. Talk next week. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment