Tuesday 8 May 2012

My Week :)

So another week has passed me by...It was a great week though.

Last Tuesday night, myself, a gal pal and two BOOOOOIZ saw The Avengers at South Bank. I thought it was actually really good! Despite the fact I didn't know the guy who was turning green was the Hulk...Trust me, the people I went with are never going to let me live that down. All the references about, "don't make him angry" and "how do you stay calm?", went COMPLETELY over my head. After grasping that fact about 3/4 of the way into the film though, I thoroughly enjoyed it!


To further reinforce my stupidity over the past week, a friend and I bought tickets to what we thought was a very general 'First Year Dinner'. Turns out it was for the Law Society. Once we discovered this fact on the day of the dinner (last Thursday), we rang to check if it was alright if we still came despite not being Law students. 

Man on the phone's response: Oh, but you would have friends that do Law?
Us: No...
Man on the phone: ...Well, if you bought tickets feel free to attend. 

We knew it was going to be a great night. 

Turns out it really wasn't that terrible. We owned up to the rest of our table that we weren't actually studying law when they began questioning us on whether we're enjoying it so far. Hahah. The food turned out to be awesome and we actually made some friends! :)
Sucked to be our table when Trivia time came around though, the law portion of the questions really hammered us and it was no surprise our table came a sad and sorry last place. 

And Friday night, oh Friday night. That was a great one. We had the annual college event, Bandfest! So how this works is, each college forms a band (vocal, guitar, bass, drums and any other crazy addition they please), they rehearse and rehearse and rehearse THEN COMPETE.  It's pretty much just Battle of the Bands. The winner was our brother college and they were actually really friggen awesome. They literally had everyone supporting them, whereas other colleges only got their own crowd interested. Worthy winners, I'd say. 

Nothing amazing has sparked my interest in the news over the past week, but perhaps I'll keep a much keener eye out over the next few days. 

Farewell.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment