Thursday 19 April 2012

Last post before assessment!

Hello there!

I'm just writing quickly so say what's been happening in the world of college after the mid-sem break. :) Pretty much the over 18s have been going out to the strictly over 18 events, while I've been working hard but tomorrow night is our College Ball! So I get to whip out my prom dress again and get my hair and makeup done all fancy, invited a lovely boy to attend with...but I have an economics exam on Saturday! Such a bad timing, seriously.

I know so many people who have an exam actually tomorrow so they can actually enjoy the night knowing their exam is finished but mine's the next day - waaaah!

AND my brother bought me Flight of the Conchords tickets for my birthday so I cannot wait til July 7th! I actually performed one of their songs for my music assessment in Year 11 so they have a special place in my heart for those New Zealand boys. Let's hope they live up to all the expectations I have of their live shows.

Lately I've definitely been trying to have a read of the ABC news more regularly as doing these type of courses has opened my eyes to the differing quality of news between stations. Looking around the ABC website I think this: 90 Second News will definitely be something I'm checking everyday for a quick update.

In today's particular upload (as linked to above) there is a story about a Catholic priest. I always get a bit iffy when people are talking about Catholic Priests being child predators and all that. Obviously I was raised in a Catholic home and so this blurs my objectiveness substantially but EVERY single priest I've met has been nothing but kind and generous and news stories that kind of make all priests look bad gets under my skin. Obviously this particular man committed heinous crimes and I am in no way condoning his individual behaviour but the way these stories are always presented puts all Catholics in a bad light. It creates a divide and perhaps people will unfairly associate terrible things with priests when the majority are in no way deserving. Just tell the story without that focus, please!

Anyway, that's enough of my ranting. I'm gonna go prepare for this econ exam. 

:( haha. Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment