Tuesday 24 April 2012

Ball-y, ball-y, ball! + other things..


Okie dokie, let's get down to business. I had my college ball on Friday night and it was incredible! I got to dress up all in my prom dress and got whisked away to a secret location (Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens in fact). Everyone was in high spirits and the amount of spirits drunk was also high. Here are just two little pictures from the night: 


And then of course the day after was my economics exam whilst the rest of the college and their partners went on to celebrate an event by the name of 'Recovery', aka get even messier than you were last night. Me and a couple of the other girls watched them leave on the buses and were feeling a lot less than happy. 

I also got to go to my brother's house for dinner and catch up with a friend from home on Sunday so my weekend all in all was pretty stellar. 

Yesterday I went to a talk by Daniel Flynn, who, when he was 19 years old created the brand Thank You Water. It's pretty much a company based on the idea that bottled water is stupid but we may as well do something good out of this stupid purchase. The only reason I had even hear about this product was through commercial media. Both Channel 7 and Channel 10 ran stories about it, on Sunrise and the The Project respectively. Without the platform that commercial media supplied, Daniel admitted that Thank You Water may never have taken off in the way that it has. He was an excellent public speaker, got the crowd laughing and involved. Plus you can tell he has a massive heart and a great mind for business which is a winning combination, that one day I hope people say that I have.



...How awkward, I didn't even know you could put in videos to your blog until just then. That's terrible. Haha, oh well I've been linking to them. 

I hit up the dawn service this morning in the city so I'm feeling pretty exhausted but I best go do some study.

Catch ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment